Monday, July 29, 2013

Photographer Q&A: Photographers around the world.

I decided to feature different photographers from around the world, both pros and amateurs like myself. I believe this will give photographers the opportunity to showcase their work and widen their audience. For those who wants to be featured here, please don`t hesitate to contact me at my email address. Pros and amateurs are both welcome to join and post here.

I will do this using Q&A style. I will start it myself, hoping others will follow.


Photographer Q&A





1. Firstly, tell us a little something about yourself.

Hi, my name is Alex. I am a photography enthusiast based in Bangkok, Thailand. I am originally from Philippines but I moved to Bangkok because of work.



2. What is your background in photography and how long have you been doing this?

I started as a self taught photographer and recently got my self certified in digital photography. I have been learning and shooting for about two years now.



3.What equipment  do you use to shoot?


I own a Fujifilm HS20EXR bridge camera and a Nikon D3100 with its kit lens (18-55) and a 35mm 1.8G prime lens. I also own two Yongnou strobes,which I am using as an off camera lights. I also have a few filters that I use with me sometimes. And of course, a tripod.


Edited: Recently acquired a Fujifilm X100.

4.What are your favorite subjects to shoot? And why?


I love to take environmental portraits and landscapes simply because I love to meet a lot of people

and I love to travel and immerse myself in nature.


5. What software do you use to process your photos?


I am mainly using Photoshop CS6 for my post processing. Sometimes I only use any photo editing software available if I only need to re-size or crop my photos.



6. Can you show us your most favorite work and tell us a little bit of something about it?


Here's a photo of my wife I took in a park in Bangkok. I have been learning portraits photography lately and I consider this as one of my first good photo. I know it is not that much, but as an amateur trying to learn, this is an accomplishment for me.



click image to enlarge



7. Lastly, if we want to see more of your work, where are you posting them and how can we contact you?

I am currently just posting my photos on my Facebook account Alex Salde Fotos. You can also contact me through my email asalde5182@gmail.com


---------------------------------------

There you go. I hope to receive entries from other enthusiasts and pros alike. Please feel free to contact me.

Thank you.

Alex


3 comments:

  1. Hi Alex,
    Can you please help me with what things should I keep in mind while shooting portraits?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, thanks for your question. I am also learning portraits myself, this is where I want to focus. And maybe shoot landscapes sometime if I have the opportunity.

      As far as i have learned, there are some things one need to consider when shooting portraits.

      Firstly, composition. You need to be creative when composing portraits. You can't always have the same composition or else it will get boring after quite a few sessions. You don't want your photos to look all the same.

      Second, focus points. Be very aware where your focus. Best advice I can give is to focus to eyes of the person you are taking photo of, that's where the viewers eyes are drawn into.

      Then, lighting. Watch shadows and highlights. Placing subjects in well lighted areas will help. Using reflectors or flashes will also help.

      Background, choose background that will complement your portraits.

      That's all I could think for now. I will dwell into this later in the blog. I am working on an ongoing portrait projects that will help me learn and share it with you guys.

      Thanks.

      Alex

      Delete
  2. Okay! Thank you .
    I'll work on these tips.

    ReplyDelete