Sunday, August 4, 2013

Portrait #1

Very first photo is a portrait of my wife shot in Lumpini park, Bangkok.

It is the very first time I have to shoot with a shoot through umbrella on an off camera flash, so it took me a little while to get the look I want.

Total working time, that resulted in a few good photos, is around 30 minutes.

Good thing my wife was patient that afternoon. 

                                                          click image to enalrge

Exposure data: 1/200, iso 100 , f8

Shot using a D3100 with a 35mm prime lens. Lighted by a single flash in a shoot through umbrella positioned at camera left. Below is the diagram of my set up. 

Thanks to Kevin Kertz for this free lighting set up file you can use in Photoshop. It's free and is very useful. Kudos to the guy.


Hit the comment section for questions and discussions.

Cheers!

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment